Sunday, January 23, 2011

Letter Hunt

There are days when it is just impossible to make sure each child gets the individual attention they need.  I try to devise clever ways to occupy three at once so I can spend time with one.  Last week, opportunity presented itself when two out of the four were already occupied - Squeakers was napping and Otter was at a friend's house. I wanted to spend some time with Bean but was left with Smoosh needing something to occupy him.  By far, he is the toughest one to safely and quietly occupy.  I decided my quiet time with Beans was more important than the welfare of my camera and gave the camera to Smoosh.  He was instructed to go on a "letter hunt" and take pictures of the letter T wherever he could find it.  At first, he did pretty well!  When I flipped through the first few pictures, he had a big smile on his face......





As I went through more, he just started giggling.  He had at some point decided he was tired hunting down Ts and wanted to take a picture of his most favorite creation ever.....his Thunderbird.....




Made from a wrapping paper roll, this creation is really big, covered in red construction paper, and even has jet blasters at the end of it.  If I would let him, Smoosh would sleep with this thing. 

And you might be thinking right now, oh, he's pretty clever, he found something that started with the letter T, doesn't that count?  Well, it would count if he didn't call his Thunderbirds "Funderbirds" and tell us all it starts with "ffffuuuhhh  fuhhhh." But then he started really giggling and was about ready to fall over from laughing.  I figured there was something else on that camera that was causing him this excitement.....



Oh yes, there it was, the classic "picture of myself."  There was not only one of these pictures, but about 20.  He had them in the mirror, with himself next to stuffed animals, lying on the floor, lying on the couch.  It was hilarious.  I laughed at the little goofball and was thankful that at least I had that 20 minutes to spend with Bean reading and doing homework with my camera still intact at the end.  I should have known that Smoosh being quiet for 20 minutes did not mean he was off busy learning by himself and hunting down letters but doing something entirely goofy to entertain himself.  I just cannot imagine where he gets it from......




1 comment:

mamaw said...

Oh my gosh...........absolutely HYSTERICAL!!! Yeah, that big daddy is just a regular comedian, isn't he? Love you all so very much--- thanks so much for the laugh!