Friday, February 19, 2010

House Gnomes



My house has an incapacity for staying clean. Just when one room gets all picked up, vacuumed, and on the rare occasion dusted, I turn around to find it completely covered in toys, fingerprints, and dog hair again. Some days, I wonder why I even bother to go through the motions of cleaning at all. It does give a sense of relief and one moment of peace to see my house look nice. I like to think that the constant cleaning efforts will leave an impression on the little ones that they should pick up after themselves without being told 10 million times in a row to do it; however, it is an uphill battle. Not only that, they now have another house gnome that has joined in the mischievousness and messiness. She has learned to unload the dishwasher and open up pantries that have tired child locks on them. She loves to leave little "Indie messes" all over the place. Even the toy baskets are emptied quicker than they can be picked up. But really, when they are so cute making the messes, I cannot get that upset.

No comments: