Monday, November 14, 2011

Big Girl Bed I



I do so hope my laziness in blogging will be forgiven...I'm making a go at it....again!



It's always an exciting transition in life when one moves from the crib to their own so-called big bed, in this case, a big girl bed.  The transition began for Squeakers with a girl-only trip to Ikea to get the big girl bed that would be replacing the crib and Bean's old bed.  After a run through Ikea and a giggle-filled lunch at the cafe, the new bed was brought back home.  The bed had to be painted white....and maybe Huck needed a little paint, too.

















It was a full family affair assembling the beds, some of us even needed to get dressed up for the occasion.






The event went on beyond the time anticipated, so we worked on through dinner.  Well, one of us worked, the others of us enjoyed dinner.

 And then...it was done.  And of course once a new big kid bed is installed, it has to be tested out by everyone:)











2 comments:

mamaw said...

I'm so excited for the girls! That sure brings back memories as my kiddos were raised in Ikea bunkbeds, too.

mamaw said...

PS Parker's tie made me laugh out loud!!!