Monday, July 25, 2011

Early Morning Bike Ride

Sometimes the kids tag along with me on the early morning bike ride.  This time Manatee tagged along with me as well.

Not sure which one is cuter.

Take a closer look at that Manatee there - notice anything odd?


Hmmm, yup, why does Manatee have underwear on his head one might wonder.  And wonder I did, in fact, I wondered out loud to my son who was the caretaker of said Manatee.  Smoosh was absolutely astonished that I would even say that.  "Mommy, that's not underwear, that's Manatee's helmet!!!" he said in shocked amazement at my clear inability to recognize safety equipment when I saw it.  Well, keeping with his concern for Manatee, we made sure he was completely safe and ready for the ride.


I can only hope that any of my neighbors that saw a Manatee with under...uhh...a helmet on his head and buckled into my bike seat knew that 1. We were just being safe or 2. We're all crazy over here, Manatees included.


1 comment:

mamaw said...

Silly mommy!!! How could you NOT recognize a bike helmet when you see one!??? That is so funny....Parker is always thinking, isn't he?
Love to all,
Mamaw