Our house makes a big hurrah of Valentine's Day, if for nothing else than it is another reason to create fun things, decorate the table and house in fun ways, and do fun things together. Everyone had a few Valentine's Day books to read about:

Then there was the preparation of a fun cake and Valentine's Day meal. The girls were very adamant in having a large role in preparing the food for V-Day meal. Squeaks helped with baking the cake;
 |
| Dark picture, but just needed to show that Ellie had to be a part of the cake making too. |
 |
| Ooohh yeah, got to make sure the batter taste correct (side note, nice thing about having our own chickens and eggs not even 2 hours old, you don't really worry that much about things like Salmonella....it just doesn't have a chance to grow and makes licking batter such a less death-defying adventure!). |

Beans had been planning the meal for Valentine's Day for the past week. Let me tell you, a lot of thought went into the menu; Macaroni and Cheese and Hot Dogs. She put a lot of planning into everything for Valentine's Day. She spent over a week creating bookmarks for her class and just about everyone else she knew. The night before, she laid out her Valentine's Day outfit complete with matching heart socks. She reminded Joe and I quite a few times to get all of the ingredients for dinner so she could cook it. Quite adorable.
 |
| Both girls helped set the table, full of hearts. |
One of the cutest things to watch was the excitement Smoosh had over the whole affair. When we were doing his Valentine's for his class, he would say for each one "I hope so and so likes the card I am giving dem. I hope I get a card from dem too." Then, when he came home on Valentine's Day, he was absolutely thrilled with his box of goodies and cards from everyone in the class. Otter and Beans played into his enthusiasm for him - they are great older siblings....most of the time....
All-in-all, another fun day had by everyone...even Otter who is so quickly outgrowing this type of stuff but thankfully does not mind "pretending" to enjoy it all with the rest of us.
1 comment:
Sure wish I could have been there to share that delicious meal that was so carefully planned & prepared! I'm sure everyone enjoyed that wonderful day! I miss all of you so much --- happy (belated!) Valentine's Day!!!
Mamaw
Post a Comment