Deciding it was not that big of a deal (hey, as a kid, I used to love taking off the crusts of bread, rolling the inside part into a ball and then shoving it into my piehole...yumlicious), we made PB&J rolls out of our smooshed bread. It turned into quite the party as I began my search for the rolling pin; an adventure unto itself. The rolling pin likes to hide itself deep in cabinet with the pots and pans, so everyone decided to make musical instruments out of the pots and pans that were now unearthed in the hunt for the rolling pin. That night at dinner, it was decided (more like decreed) that there would be no more grocery shopping with the Smoosh, at least not if there was bread on the shopping list.
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
When Life Hands You Smooshed Bread....
Grocery shopping adventures again. In between holding Squeakers in my arm, trying to prevent Beans from hunting down every little girl she saw to become BFFs with, and keeping Smoosh from throwing cans out of the shopping cart, I noticed a loaf of bread precariously close to Smoosh. Trying my best not to alert the beast of this unwary prey, I gently removed the bread from the shopping cart and placed it in the seat where Squeakers was supposed to be sitting. In her new independence, she has become quite mobile in those seats, able to duck out of those silly little lap belts quicker than I can turn around; however, I digress. I walked merrily along my way (well, we'll all just pretend I was humming happily up and down those aisles with a toddler in my arms, crazy beast in the cart, and scary-friendly 7-year old running at least one aisle ahead of me at all times scaring all the other children) when I turned to put the eggs in the seat of the cart so no damage would be done to those either (ok, side note, sometimes we need to buy eggs for baking. I don't like to use my hens eggs for baking because I feel they are much too yummy to waste on baking - 3 at a time for brownies the Big Daddy devours in one sitting?!?!? My lady chickens' eggs are much too precious for that gluttony!). I noticed the bread was missing and Smoosh was happily smiling away. The little stinker had sensed the bread and all of its vulnerability, grabbed it, and made a seat out of it. What else to do with a loaf of bread? One of my friends was actually in the grocery store that day and came by to say hi a few minutes later. She hadn't seen me; she had heard me yell my dear child's name as I discovered the bread beneath his bum. Sometimes you have to just have to accept defeat, which I did quickly this time and walked straight to the checkout line, finishing our grocery trip with half of the items on our list. At least we had smooshed bread we would be eating for lunch, and jimney crickets, Smoosh was going to be eating that bread until it was ALL GONE.
Deciding it was not that big of a deal (hey, as a kid, I used to love taking off the crusts of bread, rolling the inside part into a ball and then shoving it into my piehole...yumlicious), we made PB&J rolls out of our smooshed bread. It turned into quite the party as I began my search for the rolling pin; an adventure unto itself. The rolling pin likes to hide itself deep in cabinet with the pots and pans, so everyone decided to make musical instruments out of the pots and pans that were now unearthed in the hunt for the rolling pin. That night at dinner, it was decided (more like decreed) that there would be no more grocery shopping with the Smoosh, at least not if there was bread on the shopping list.


Deciding it was not that big of a deal (hey, as a kid, I used to love taking off the crusts of bread, rolling the inside part into a ball and then shoving it into my piehole...yumlicious), we made PB&J rolls out of our smooshed bread. It turned into quite the party as I began my search for the rolling pin; an adventure unto itself. The rolling pin likes to hide itself deep in cabinet with the pots and pans, so everyone decided to make musical instruments out of the pots and pans that were now unearthed in the hunt for the rolling pin. That night at dinner, it was decided (more like decreed) that there would be no more grocery shopping with the Smoosh, at least not if there was bread on the shopping list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment