Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Unthinkable Happened Today

Today, I told Beanie that no matter how hard she tried, she just would never be able to make shooting gun sounds because she was not a boy and they just naturally seem to be able to do it. I nearly fell off my seat hearing the words come out of my mouth. How had this happened? How had I let myself actually ever allow those words to be thought, let alone fall from my lips? The mere thought that any of the fairer sex could not do something because we are of the fairer sex is against everything I believe in! Yes, we have our limitations, but that is because we chose them, not because they are any type of physical or mental limitations because we are not in possession of a Y chromosome! Especially something as simple as making a gun shooting sound from our mouths! If we want to make shooting sounds we can make them just as well as the boys can, dangit!

After I committed this verbal atrocity, I grabbed Beanie, and she and I went off to the other room to practice our shooting sounds and mouth noises. Maybe one day I will try to teach her to spit, too. Though, really, I never have gotten the hang of that one either. Maybe one day we will decide that really there is just too much spit involved in the process to really want to make shooting sounds, or maybe shooting things is really gruesome in and of itself. Then we will be choosing not to do it.

But, dangit if Smoosh cannot already make shooting noises better than both Beanie and I combined after a lot of practice on our parts. Silly Y chromosomes.

1 comment:

mamaw said...

I must admit, I'm as shocked as you are that those words came out of your mouth!! I must also admit that I've never mastered the art of making artificial gun/shooting sounds, either.........what a failure, eh? Love you!